- We recommend burning your candle for 1-2hrs the first time. This will ensure that the candle creates an even melt pool, to prevent tunneling and wax buildup along the walls of your jar.
- Refrain from burning your candle for more than 4hrs.
- Remember to trim your wick 1/4 inches each time you light your candle. This will prevent your wick from mushrooming and ensure that you get the maximized scent throw from your candle.
- ** Be careful to not let any debris from the wick or anything else, fall into the candle was!**
- Never leave a candle burning unattended or within the reach of wind, pets or small children.
- Light candle on a heat resistant surface.
- Candle jar will be hot after burning, allow the wax to cool completely before handling.
- Remove any flammable items away from candle while burning such as paper or fabrics.
Our wicks are made from 100% natural wood from Sappy Fruit Trees.
Why Wooden Wicks?
Wooden wicks can be tricky to light compared to cotton wicks. Here are some tips to help you light your candle like a pro!
- They achieve a fast melt pool formation for an excellent scent throw.
- Cozy ambiance
- Wooden wicks create a unique horizontal flame
- Little carbon build up, no debris and no sooting
- Light your candle from the base of the wick, from one end to the other. Once lit the heat from the flame will draw the wax through the wick and fuel the flame.
- It helps to hold your candle on an angle, when lighting.
- It may take more than one attempt to get it lit.
- The first burn is very important keep candle lit for at least 1hr, to ensure an even layer of wax has melted before putting out the flame.
- Keep wood wick trimmed 1/4 inches for a clean burn each time before lighting.
- Be careful to not let any debris from the wick, fall into the candle wax!